There are many benefits to investing in a furnace tune up conducted by the pros at DTC. A tune up consists of cleaning all components of your heating system. However, you also need furnace safety checks to ensure the health and welfare of your family in Georgetown and North Austin.
Benefits of Furnace Tune Up and Safety Checks
Combining these services can give you peace of mind and accomplish the following:
- Identify problems early
- Increase efficiency
- Reduce the risk of overheating
- Address gas and ventilation concerns
- Identify fire hazards
What’s Included in a Furnace Tune Up and Safety Check?
Our HVAC technician will check your entire system. We perform inspections and maintenance on gas, electric, and oil units. Here are some of the steps we take to ensure your safety and comfort:
- Testing Gas Levels: We use a combustion analyzer to measure oxygen and carbon monoxide levels in the flue. Depending on the results, we can recommend improvements to protect your home and those who live in it.
- Ignition Test: Whether you have a hot surface igniter or spark igniter, you need a reliable ignition source. Our technician will make sure that your furnace lights properly every time. If necessary, we’ll make adjustments during the same visit.
- Cleaning Flame Sensor: Your furnace has a flame rectification system that determines when you need ignition assistance. During the maintenance visit, we will clean and inspect this sensor.
- Overheating Prevention: As part of the furnace safety check, we will flip the high-limit control switch to ensure it works properly when you need it the most.
- Poison Prevention: Did you know that your heat exchanger produces toxic gasses? The safety technician will repair any holes or cracks that allow excess carbon monoxide to escape.
- Power Check: This involves an inspection to measure how much power the motor requires to produce airflow. We make sure that your unit works according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Check Electrical Components: Our pros also check all the electrical wiring and connections to make sure that nothing is loose. Poor electrical connections raise performance and safety hazards.
- Calibrating Thermostat: If your thermostat isn’t operating properly, your home will never be completely comfortable. By calibrating the thermostat, we put precision control back in your hands.
When Is the Best Time To Perform a Tune Up and Safety Check
A pre-season furnace tune up and safety check ensures that your heating system is ready for whatever winter may bring. We recommend scheduling service before temperatures drop rapidly this winter. However, our DTC technicians are always available to perform this and other furnace services.
Contact a member of our team with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your heating system in Georgetown and North Austin!
Download Our Free HVAC Inspection Checklist
Leave a Reply