4 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Furnace – Fast!
You may have an older heating system, one that makes strange noises, or a furnace that doesn’t properly heat your home. These are all signs that it may be time for a furnace replacement in Georgetown, TX. At DTC, we have the top HVAC technicians in the area. We start by inspecting your heating system to determine whether you need a replacement or repairs. RIght now, we are offering great deals on heater replacements.
If you notice any of these four signs that it’s time for a new furnace, contact us for a free quote.
Age of Furnace
You may wonder how long a traditional or modern furnace lasts. On average, furnaces continue operating for 15 to 30 years. If you want to increase the life of your furnace, it’s important to perform regular furnace maintenance at least every year. However, if you know your existing unit is more than 15 years old, it may be time to shop around for a furnace replacement. This is especially true of gas furnaces, which typically only last 15 to 20 years. Keep in mind that gas furnaces cost less to operate than electric ones. However, you should choose the unit that seems right for your needs.
If you’ve lived in your home for a while, you know the noises it makes when the wind blows or the house settles. However, you might hear strange noises associated with your older furnace. Rattling, humming, popping, and screeching sounds indicate that you may need a heater replacement. Suppose you currently have a heat pump, boiler, ductless mini-split, or other heating source. Our technicians will measure your home and give you sound advice on which system will provide the best performance at the most reasonable price.
Contact us immediately if you notice any of the following furnace noises:
- Popping: Temperature fluctuations often cause popping noises related to temperature-sensitive parts in your HVAC system.
- Rattling: Loose equipment or ductwork can cause rattling noises that can send shivers down your spine late at night. Our professional HVAC technicians can examine your system to determine whether you need a furnace replacement or just a few new parts.
- Screeching: One of the most disturbing noises coming from your heater, screeching sounds may indicate a faulty furnace blower motor. However, older furnaces also have a pulley that makes screeching noises as it wears out.
- Humming: Does your furnace hum? If you notice a loud humming noise, it may be time to get a new furnace or replace the blower motor or your whole furnace.
- Clicking: A clicking noise often indicates problems with the igniter or flame sensor. During normal operations, you shouldn’t hear any clicking noises.
- Booming: Extensive gas emissions can cause your furnace to boom. This may come from a brief ignition delay or, when accompanied by a gas odor, or a system failure.
Not Keeping Your Home Warm
If you have different temperatures in varying rooms, this is a clear indication that it’s time to hire an HVAC contractor in Georgetown. Instead of making repairs on older systems, we often recommend a heater replacement for efficient, even heating throughout your home. You will also notice a dip in your electric bill when you replace an inefficient, spotty furnace.
High Utility Bills
If your energy bill has skyrocketed, you may have a bad furnace or heater. Newer furnaces are made with Energy Star ratings in mind and can increase your home heating efficiency enormously.
Additionally, we measure your home to make sure that you have a properly sized unit. A furnace replacement that is too large or too small for your home will cause higher energy bills and may shorten the lifespan of your heater. We’ll let you know whether you need a single- or double-stage furnace replacement and how many BTUs will keep your family warm this winter.
DTC is an experienced HVAC contractor serving Georgetown, TX, and the surrounding communities. Contact us today for fast heater installation or replacement services!
Download Our Free HVAC Inspection Checklist
Leave a Reply