At DTC, we are committed to the comfort of homes and businesses in Georgetown and surrounding areas. Our community is important. That’s why we’re continuing to provide HVAC services during the coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic.
The health, safety, and welfare of our neighbors – including our employees – is our primary concern.
Below you can find a list of the precautions we’re taking during this time. We are doing everything we can to ensure the welfare of our customers and our team during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Service Visits During COVID-19: Safety Measures
- Safety is #1 – If one of our technicians notices any signs of sickness, they will be told to stay home and self-quarantine.
- Additional Protection – when available, our techs will wear masks and gloves. We’ll wear new, disposable shoe covers anytime we enter your home.
- Hand Washing – Technicians are required to wash their hands as instructed by the CDC before and after each customer visit. We sing songs and memorize rhymes, whatever it takes to make sure we wash for 20-30 seconds every time.
- Sanitize – Our team is cleaning all tools and equipment with sanitizers between visits. Plus, we are regularly cleaning our trucks inside and out, top to bottom.
- Distancing – Under normal circumstances, our team would greet you with a smile and a handshake. You’ll still get the smile, but we’ll substitute a thumbs up from a safe distance. Our team will keep a healthy 6-foot distance from anyone in your household – don’t worry, we’re already used to it.
- Dispatching – our office team is working remotely in order to minimize person-to-person interactions. Luckily, our business processes were already set up for remote dispatching – so there is no change or disruption in service. This way, we can keep our support team safe and healthy.
Our Recommendations For HVAC Service
Believe it or not, your HVAC plays a huge role in your comfort and your health. And since you’re spending more time at home, the quality of your indoor environment is crucial. Here are some of our recommendations:
Tuneup Visit – You may be practicing social distancing (thank you!) but your air conditioner only knows that it is working harder and longer. Give your AC some TLC with a tuneup. With a simple maintenance visit, we can ensure your system operates smoothly through the rest of social distancing and the summer months. And, our DTC technicians will look for anything that might cause a future problem.
Filter Change – Did you know that every molecule of air inside your home passes through your air conditioner and heater? In fact, it recirculates 8 times a day. Your air filter is the first – and perhaps only – line of defense to capturing airborne particles. We can safely dispose of your old filter and install a clean one today.
Indoor Air Purifiers – Looking for a definitive solution to indoor air quality? A whole-home air purifier is the solution. You may be familiar with the small air purifiers that sit on a table or in the corner of a room. These small appliances are only good for the 2-5 feet surrounding them. Plus, you have to remember to turn them on and off. An air purification device that is installed within your ductwork will treat all the air inside your home. Contact DTC Air Conditioning and Heating to learn more about this simple installation.
System Replacement – Usually, your heating and cooling system gets a break during the workday. But with your entire family at home, your HVAC is working harder than usual. The result could be some astronomical energy bills. If you have an older unit (like an R22 or Freon system), you would see a dramatic change in energy usage with a modern HVAC unit. Because we’re still in Springtime, there are several rebates and credits available. DTC can help you choose the perfect unit for your home, and help you apply for the qualifying rebates.
Contact DTC For Service During COVID-19 Distancing
DTC Air Conditioning and Heating is open and available during these challenging times. Our team is trained on safety measures to protect their health – and yours. For service, please call 512-887-5091.
Download Our Free HVAC Inspection Checklist
Leave a Reply